Paired with a Pumpkin or Spiced Ale
So I am super excited about today’s post…for a multitude of reasons. First of all, there is this pumpkin apple beer cheese dip. You guys…it combines three of my favorite things on the planet: beer, cheese, and pumpkin. I mean how can you go wrong with that combination of flavors. It’s kind of like a cheese fondue, but so much better than your traditional cheese fondue because there is beer involved!
Oh, and did I mention that pomegranate arils and chives give this beer cheese dip a touch of freshness? This recipe is everything you want in a fall appetizer dish. It’s the perfect treat to serve at your next fall-themed dinner party or game day shindig. I like it best served on lazy Sundays watching way too much football.
Pair this pumpkin apple beer cheese dip with a pumpkin or spiced ale…for obvious reasons. ;)
Now this pumpkin apple beer cheese dip is pretty freakin’ special, but the most important part about today’s post is the $500 Paypal cash giveaway! I have teamed up with a special group of food bloggers to give away $500 in Paypal cash JUST in time for the holidays! Make sure you have a Paypal account before you enter and do so below!
Enjoy the rest of your weekends friends! Talk to you all tomorrow! xo
A Dash of Sanity
The Love Nerds
Like Mother Like Daughter
Play Party Pin
Sugar & Soul
Tried and Tasty
Let’s Dish Recipes
Cooking and Beer
That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Happy Food Healthy Life
Love Bakes Good Cakes
Lady Behind the Curtain
Bread, Booze & Bacon
The Lemon Tree Dwelling
Cravings of a Lunatic
Food Folks and Fun
Our Mini Family
Lemoine Family Kitchen
- 4 strips of fully-cooked bacon, chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 ounces pumpkin ale (about half of a bottle)
- 6 ounces apple cider
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Serve with tortilla chips and/or crispy bread
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for about 2 minutes or until golden brown. Whisk in the pumpkin ale, apple cider, pumpkin puree and dijon mustard. Bring to a simmer and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the pumpkin pie spice, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and salt.
- Add the cream cheese and whisk until fully melted. Add the cheddar cheese in 1/2 cup increments; making sure each increment is fully incorporated before adding the next. Adjust seasoning to taste and remove from heat.
- Pour the dip into a serving dish and garnish with chopped bacon, pomegranate arils and chopped chives. Enjoy immediately with tortilla chips or crispy bread.