Happy Wednesday, friends! I am super excited about today’s post. I’ve totally been wanting to share the recipe for these cheese fritters for like ever, and I finally get to do it today! These little bites are so amazing you guys. I may have eaten all of them by myself, in one sitting…but really, who is keeping track? They are a great little appetizer at your next fancy shmancy dinner party, as they are simple to make and hard to screw up!
This isn’t the most exciting part about today’s post however…
Let’s talk about the most exciting part about today: the giveaway for a KitchenAid 5 Speed Diamond Blender! We are celebrating Michelle of Healthy Recipe Ecstasy, her husband Alasdair, and the newest member of her perfect little family: baby boy Alexander! I have come together with a special group of blogger friends to celebrate this little bundle of cuteness; and we are throwing her a virtual baby shower! Join us in congratulating Michelle and her family!
Showering Michelle, Alasdair & Baby Alexander
- Manchego Cheese Fritters with Honey Mustard Ranch, by Cooking and Beer
- Asparagus Tomato Crostini with Fresh Mint and Chives, by Simply Fresh Dinners
- Strawberry Bruschetta with Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar, by The NY Melrose Family
- Kimchi Salmon and Rainbow Pickles, by BAM’s Kitchen
- Curried Fish Tacos with Cabbage and Carrot Slaw, by Omnivore’s Cookbook
- Chipotle Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos, by Natural Chow
- Spicy Asian Chicken Puff Pastry Bites with Hoisin Peanut Sauce, by Climbing Grier Mountain
- Mahi Mahi with Dragon Fruit-Pineapple Salsa, by No Gojis No Glory
- Warm Corn Salad, by The Complete Savorist
- Asian Jerk Meatball Wraps, by Healthy Nibbles and Bits
- Roasted Cauliflower and Pearl Barley Bowls with Creamy Tahini-Dill Dressing, by An Edible Mosaic
- Grilled Sweet Potato & Cauliflower Salad with Coconut Curry Almond Butter Vinaigrette, by Food Faith Fitness
- Asparagus with Grated Egg and Capers, by Pinch and Swirl
- Strawberry Spinach Salad, by Bitz & Giggles
- Almond and Caramel Date Tart with Chocolate Ganache (Vegan and Gluten-Free), by The Crafting Foodie
- Coconut Sorbet, by House of Yumm
- Vanilla Bean Greek Yogurt Cheesecake with a Cookie Dough Crust, by Vitamin Sunshine
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/3 cup honey mustard
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 clove of garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon prosciutto, finely chopped
- salt and black pepper
- 8 ounces Manchego cheese, finely grated
- 6 ounces crumbled goat's cheese
- 2 large egg whites
- 1-2 cups canola or vegetable oil
- For the honey mustard ranch, whisk together all of the ingredients listed for the ranch until creamy. Cover and refrigerate until you are ready to use.
- For the Manchego cheese fritters, in a large bowl mix together the milk, flour, paprika, cayenne pepper, egg, garlic, Manchego, goat's cheese, prosciutto, and salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, with whisk attachment fixed, whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold half of the egg whites into the cheese mixture, and then fold the second half in very carefully. Do not over mix.
- Add the oil to a heavy bottomed deep skillet, pouring about 1 1/2 inches up the side of the pan. Heat the oil to 360 degrees F. Using a tablespoon sized scoop, drop the mixture into the hot oil, working in batches. Cook for 3-4 minutes, flipping over if need until brown and all sides. Transfer the Manchego cheese fritters to a plate that has been lined with a paper towel. Serve immediately with honey mustard ranch.