Happy Tuesday, guys! I totally woke up this morning thinking it was Friday. No kidding. I was just about ready for this week to be over the minute it started! I know that many of you back east are getting pummeled with snow and ice and rain, but we have had some beautiful weather here in Colorado lately. A perfect 70 degrees F it has been for the past two days and I have just been basking in it. The problem with having this kind of weather this time of year is that I know it’s all about to come to a screeching halt; and by screeching halt, I mean snow…and lots of it. It’s totally ok though because we have this ranch-style guacamole to get us through, and that is certainly something to be excited about!
I know, I know. I totally started out this post like some kind of memoir. I get in those types of moods sometimes, ok?
It gets lonely sitting here all day; and let’s be honest, I love talking to you guys!
I do apologize for leaking my loneliness all over you though. I totally don’t want to be THAT person.
I DON’T apologize for this ranch-style guacamole however. It’s seriously like ranch dip and guacamole got together and had a beautiful, scrumptious baby.
With the Super Bowl quickly approaching, I found it only necessary to post another guacamole recipe and this is one of our favorites around here.
All the making of a true guacamole are in this recipe, but it’s jazzed up with some ingredients that you would find in a ranch dip. Buttermilk, sour cream, plain Greek yogurt, onion powder and garlic powder are just a couple of those ingredients; and boy is it addicting.
You’ll totally want to add this recipe to your menu this Sunday. Trust me, you will.
Why yes! I did change my nails…uhhhh…finally. I know you were all wondering. ;)
Recipe is below! Pair this ranch-style guacamole with a pale ale. It will cut out some of the heat from the jalapeno and really elevate it’s ranch-y flavor! Have a great day guys! xo
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- salt and black pepper
- 5 ripened avocados, peeled, pitted and mashed
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeds and juice discarded, diced small
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced small
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds and stem removed, chopped finely
- tortilla chips, for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, sour cream, buttermilk, garlic powder, onion powder, sugar and a dash of salt and black pepper until smooth.
- Add the mashed avocados to the bowl and mix until completely combined and creamy.
- Next, carefully fold in the tomatoes, red onion, cilantro and jalapeno. Adjust seasoning to taste and serve immediately with tortilla chips.