I don’t know a soul out there that doesn’t just adore casseroles. I mean, what’s not to love? They are perfection in a 9x13inch baking dish! What I absolutely love about casseroles, like this Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake with Pecan Crumble, is what you have achieved after doing almost no work at all. Breakfast casseroles have to be one of my favorite types of casseroles. They can normally be made ahead of time and thrown in the oven later. Using the most perfect pecan caramel sweet rolls, this cinnamon roll french toast bake is a go-to for your next brunch soiree.
Oh sure, french toast bakes have been done before. I mean it’s a common casserole to serve around the holidays especially, but what makes this french toast bake SO SPECIAL are the sweet rolls. Oh glorious, wonderful pecan caramel sweet rolls.
They are LITERALLY made with sweet rolls you guys!
Have I made myself clear yet?! SWEET ROLLS!
A simple base of torn up sweet rolls is topped with a crunchy, nutty and addicting pecan crumble. How does it get any better?
It’s all so very simple.
You take two cans of Pepperidge Farm Pecan Caramel Sweet Rolls. Set aside the packaged pecans and caramel sauce, and tear the rolls into bite-sized pieces.
Layer them into a pre-greased 9x13inch baking dish, and top with a mixture of eggs, milk and the reserved caramel sauce.
While your oven is preheating, you prepare one of the best parts of this french toast bake: the crumbly pecan topping! In a bowl, you combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and the reserved pecans. Give it a good toss and then crumble in the butter. I find this part is best done with my hands, and once coarse crumbles have formed (big chunks are ok), you layer it on top of the prepared french toast bake.
Bake this baby to perfection in a 375 degree oven until cooked through, bubbly and brown. It’s great for a Sunday morning when you have a lot of people to feed and don’t want to be spending the entire morning in the kitchen!
You can find these delicious Pepperidge Farm Pecan Caramel Sweet Rolls in the refrigerated aisle of your local Walmart; right next to the butter and pie dough!
The Pepperidge Farm Apple Cinnamon Sweet Rolls are a great alternative to the pecan caramel version. If you are an apple lover, try it with these instead! I like to tear apart the rolls and toss with the apples before topping with the egg mixture and crumble topping. I have made them both ways and have yet to decide which version I like better!
Oh and one more thing, don’t forget the 100% Florida OJ while you’re picking up your sweet rolls. The two of them just go hand-in-hand to produce the perfect breakfast occasion!
Recipe for this must-have cinnamon roll french toast bake is below! Happy Tuesday, everyone! xo
- 2 15.3-ounce can Pepperidge Farm Pecan Caramel Sweet Rolls
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- confectioner's sugar, for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and spray a 9x13inch baking dish with a non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Release the Pepperidge Farm Pecan Caramel Sweet Rolls from the cans and set the bags of pecans and caramel aside.
- Break each roll into bite-sized pieces and place in the prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and 2 tablespoons of the caramel sauce you set aside from the roll package. Pour the mixture evenly on top of the torn up rolls. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and the reserved pecans. Incorporate the butter into the mixture with your hands or with a pastry cutter, until coarse crumbles form. Spread the mixture evenly on top of the rolls.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes or until cooked through, warm and slightly brown on top. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with additional maple syrup, a dusting of confectioner's sugar and a glass of 100% Florida orange juice. Enjoy!