Coconut Cookies and Cream Milkshakes

17 Comments

Can you tell that I’m just a LITTLE bit obsessed with coconut lately? Maybe it’s because I secretly want to be on an island somewhere, basking in the sunshine, with my toes in the sand. Yup, I think that’s why, and even if it’s not, I’m going with it anyway. Today, I’m sharing one of my favorite things of all time. Yes, “things.” This is more than just being about food. This recipe goes deep…deep into my soul. This is how much I LOVE this milkshake. Coconut…chocolate sandwich cookies…frozen yogurt … what is not to love!?

So back to this whole wanting to be on a beach somewhere. I don’t know how many of you know this already, but I grew up on the East coast. I lived just 30 minutes from the ocean, and although my heart now lies in Colorado, I miss certain things about being so close to an ocean.

For one, THE OCEAN! It’s not that I grew up where palm trees grow. No, I grew up in the northeast, but it’s still that correlation between beach and coconut that has me craving coconut lately. There’s just something about being able to hop in your car and arrive at the beach in minutes. I miss this. I especially miss it right now, when I’m stuck in a landlocked state.

This isn’t a bash on Colorado by any means. I absolutely LOVE where I live. I wouldn’t trade it for the world. I love waking up, looking out my back window and seeing Longs Peak and the rest of the Front Range gracing the landscape. There is no other place I’d rather spend my days, BUT sometimes you just need the sand … between your toes.

Zach, if you are reading this, I think a trip is in order! *hint hint*

Ok, rant over …

Let’s get down to business, and by business, I mean milkshakes. I LOVE a good milkshake, and I love a cookies and cream milkshake even more. Yes, I have been known to grace a fast food joint or two for a certain cookies and cream milkshake, but I won’t go naming names. This cookies and cream milkshake is just a TAD different however. Why you ask?! Well, there is coconut in it of course!

How is that for a major win?!

There are absolutely no excuses to not make this milkshake. It literally takes 4 ingredients. You pile them in a blender and you hit “blend.” That’s all folks. It doesn’t get much simpler than that!

There will be no beer pairing today. It just didn’t seem right. Sorry guys. *sad face*

Happy Monday! Here’s the handy dandy recipe!

Cheers!

Coconut Cookies and Cream Milkshakes

Yields 2

5 minPrep Time

5 minTotal Time

Save Recipe

Ingredients

• 1 cup coconut milk
  • 2 cups vanilla frozen yogurt
  • 6 chocolate sandwich cookies, plus extra for garnish
  • 2 tablespoons coconut flakes, plus extra for garnish

Instructions

1. In a pitcher of your blender, combine the coconut milk, vanilla frozen yogurt, chocolate sandwich cookies and coconut flakes. Blend on high until combined, about 10 seconds or so.
  2. Pour into two glasses and serve immediately, topped with coconut flakes and broken up chocolate sandwich cookies.Enjoy!

Categories: American Fare, Appetizers and Snacks, Dessert, Drinks, Milkshake, Recipes, Seasonal, Spring, Summer, Sweet, Vegetarian
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

17 thoughts on “Coconut Cookies and Cream Milkshakes

• June 16, 2014 at 5:58 pm

Mmmm I love a good milk shake and cookie n’ cream is one of my faves! Definitely a winner :)

Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

• June 16, 2014 at 8:31 pm

Ok… totally with ya on the coconut obsession girl! Love that you used coconut milk instead of regular, can’t wait to try this one. Looks so yummy! Cookies’n’cream is one of my favorite ice creams so this shake is totally happening in our casa!

Krista @ Joyful Healthy Eats

• June 16, 2014 at 10:10 pm

Justine, I love that you added coconut to this milkshake!! Love, love, LOVE coconut! Can’t wait to give this a try. Pinning!

• June 17, 2014 at 9:32 am

Keep the coconut recipes coming! And you should definitely treat yourself to a tropical vacation. We are going to Hawaii in August, and I am counting down the days! So excited!

• June 17, 2014 at 4:50 pm

If Zach won’t take you on a trip to the beach I’ll go with you! We can lay on the beach and try to get rid of all our tan lines from hiking and running and drink these amazing looking shakes!

• June 18, 2014 at 8:38 am

I love that you used coconut in this! I bet this flavor is seriously outstanding. Amazing girl!

• June 18, 2014 at 9:11 am

Um, this milkshake is rocking my world, lady!! You are basically a mind reader – milkshakes are one of my all-time favorite “things” and I can’t even begin to tell you how much I’ve been wanting to go on a beach vacation lately. I grew up living pretty close to the ocean as well and even though MN is the land of 10,000 lakes, it just doesn’t compare, ha. Until I convince the hubby that it’s time for a little vacay, I’ll just be sipping on your fabulous shake instead and pretend the ocean is close by ;)

• June 18, 2014 at 10:25 am

Hehe, thanks Kathi! I wish we could magically be transported to an island somewhere, and I totally agree, lakes don’t count, even though they are quite gorgeous in your neck of the woods!

• June 18, 2014 at 9:16 pm

I didn’t know you were originally from the Northeast! I was just at the Jersey shore over the weekend. It was so nice. You need to plan a trip, girl! Ps love this milkshake! Oreos and coconut sound so delicious together. Can’t wait to give this a try ;)

• June 19, 2014 at 9:40 am

I’m actually from central New Jersey! How crazy is that?! I’m super jealous. I totally need to make my way back there this summer. Thank you so much! It was a delish combo. I only wish I had some left! ;)

• Pingback: Citrus Vanilla Milkshakes