Warning: mysql_num_fields() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/justine/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 3088
Happy Mother’s Day to all the special ladies out there; and a very special Happy Mother’s Day to my own mom, who I can’t be with today :(. My, oh my. Where do I begin? It’s been such a busy week/weekend, and I am ready to RELAX! I am definitely a homebody. Of course, I enjoy going out to dinner, and I do frequent the local breweries quite often, but I just love being at home. You can imagine my excitement when I was able to spend today at home. This is due partly to the winter storm that is going on in my backyard! We knew it was coming, but I don’t think any of us really wanted to believe it. I mean we all know that we COULD get snow in May. It happened last year, but it didn’t happen this late in May. Well, that’s Colorado for ya. Hopefully it will be sunny and 75 by the middle of the week. I’m crossing my fingers at least! I thought this was the perfect recipe to post on a cold and snowy day. I love noodle bowls. They are perfect for a weeknight meal and are super quick to make. This bowl in particular is loaded with chicken and broccoli, and it’s topped with cashews, a cashew vinaigrette and sesame seeds. It’s a fun take on a thai-style dish, and you can get as creative as you want with it! It’s a great dish to use up any leftover meat or veggies you have stocked up in the fridge. The recipe and a delicious pairing are below, so read ahead!
Beer: Bristol Brewing’s Compass IPA
Brewed By: Bristol Brewing
Style: American IPA
Description:Bristol Brewing’s Compass IPA is a hop-lover’s dream. It’s loaded with Columbus, Chinook and Cascade hops making it the perfect IPA for these chicken and broccoli noodle bowls. I get a lot of floral notes from this IPA, with a slight malty sweetness and very light citrus notes. It’s everything you want in an IPA and more. I like IPAs for Thai-inspired dishes. It compliments the spice very well, and although it is very robust in flavor, it does not take away from the dish. In fact, it enhances the flavors. This beer is native to CO and is limited to this area, so any great IPA will do. Go local!
I hope everyone had a great weekend!
A simple and flavorful, weeknight meal, these chicken and broccoli noodle bowls are quick and delicious!
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup cashew butter (peanut butter or almond butter may be substituted)
- 2 tablespoons tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely minced
- 1/2 cup canola oil (more as needed)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 4 cups broccoli, steamed
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked through and cut into cubes
- 1 cup cashews, chopped (peanuts or almonds may be substituted)
- sesame seeds (garnish)
- cilantro (garnish)
- Begin by preparing your vinaigrette. In a medium bowl, combine the water, coconut milk, rice wine vinegar, peanut butter (cashew butter or almond butter), tamari, lime juice, cilantro, canola oil, black pepper, ground cumin and red pepper flakes. Whisk vigorously until the dressing is smooth. Set aside. The dressing may be made ahead of time and refrigerate until you are ready to use.
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Season with salt and add the rice noodles. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Assemble your bowls by placing rice noodles on the bottom and top with broccoli and chicken. Drizzle the dressing on top and garnish with cashews and sesame seeds.
- Serve and enjoy!
Hardware: * Measuring Cups * Measuring Spoons * Medium Bowl * Whisk * Large Stock Pot * Strainer *