Warning: mysql_num_fields() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/justine/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 3088
Boy, has it been a crazy week. It’s a good thing I planned these posts out ahead a time, or you’d all be lacking in food and beer pairings! I know, right! It is a scary, scary thought. I don’t even want to think about it. We are pretty much moved in. No, we have done absolutely no unpacking, but we did buy a sofa that isn’t covered in Cilantro hair! This is a major win in my book. Baby steps…baby steps. I made the granola right before we moved, in hopes that it would be a good snack while we were super busy and unable to do any cooking/baking. This granola is one of my favorites, and it saddens me that I’ve just shared it with you now! You all know of my deep obsession with cookie butter, so it should come as no surprise why I would like it in my granola. This recipe is the perfect breakfast item. I normally eat it with yogurt, whatever fruit is in season at the time, with a drizzle of honey. It’s hearty and delicious. It’s also great as an afternoon/late night snack, and great with a good Oatmeal Stout. It’s easy (which is awesome) and quick (which is even more awesome). It stores well, too! I know! There are so many positives!
Beer: Bristol Brewing’s Winter Warlock
Brewed By: Bristol Brewing
Style: Oatmeal Stout
Description: Oatmeal stouts are one of my favorite styles of beers out there, and although they tend to satisfy more so in the Winter months, I enjoy it along side this granola recipe. I do suggest you do not crack one open at 6 in the morning (unless that is totally your thing), but it is great when you are enjoying this granola as a snack. This beer, like many other Oatmeal stouts similar to it, is everything you crave in a sweeter stout. It is chocolatey and robust and pairs very well with desserts. If you can’t come across this specific oatmeal stout, pick up which ever is local in your area!
Cookie butter granola is great for breakfast or an all day snack! It is sweet, hearty and delicious!
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup cookie butter
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F and line a large lipped baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, cashews, and almonds. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- In another small bowl, whisk together the cookie butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, honey, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cayenne pepper (if using).
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry, until all ingredients are evenly dispersed.
- Pour the mixture onto your prepared baking sheet and even out into a thin layer. Press down the granola to compact it.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 25 minutes. Stir the mixture, and press down once again. Bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the granola is golden and solid.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely on the baking sheet, then break into chunks and store in an airtight container for a month.
- Serve with fruit, yogurt or all by itself!
Hardware: * Measuring Cups * Measuring Spoons * Large Lipped Baking Sheet * Parchment Paper or Silicone Baking Mat * Mixing Bowls * Spoons * Whisk * Rubber Spatula * Airtight Container *