Warning: mysql_num_fields() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/justine/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 3088
I really crave salads as warmer months approach, and I was really craving a chopped chicken cobb salad. I love a cobb salad, mostly for the hard-boiled eggs, but also for all the ways you can get creative with it. I like to add absolutely everything, but the kitchen sink in my cobb salads. This was the perfect meal to get Zach and I through a week of packing. It’s been an insanely busy and tiring week. Luckily, it’s almost over. We are officially moved out of our townhouse. This was bittersweet, and are awaiting our big move-in tomorrow. I am so excited I can hardly contain myself. I guess this is how it is when you own your first home. Today will be a day of relaxation, good beer and good food, which is much needed and well-deserved! I apologize for my absence for the next couple of days, but good things are a-coming … including finally getting to cook on a gas range! It’s been so long! I hope everyone had a great weekend!
Beer: Boulevard’s Pop-Up Session IPA
Brewed By: Boulevard Brewing Company
Style: American IPA
Description: I don’t know about you, but once Spring and Summer rolls around I get a craving for lighter beers. I will still enjoy a stout every once in a while, but since it tends to get quite hot here in the Summer, I really crave pale ales and session IPAs. Session IPAs are great. They are great drinking brews, that don’t lack in flavor, but don’t knock you on your feet when it comes to heaviness. This is what I love about Boulevard’s Pop-Up Session IPA. It’s such a great IPA all together, but it’s alcohol content is low enough that you can enjoy more than one in a sitting! I love this, and I love this beer for this salad. I definitely wanted something on the “lighter” side, but something that didn’t lack in flavor. This beer was perfect for the job. Give it a try, if you can get your hands on it!
This cobb salad combines some of my favorite flavors: blueberries, chicken, avocado, bacon and more!
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 2 chicken breasts, fully cooked and diced
- 6 strips of bacon, fully cooked and diced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 4 roma tomatoes, seeds removed and chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 1 cup corn kernels, fully cooked and chilled
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- 1 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, salt and red pepper flakes until smooth. Set aside or store in an air-tight container for a week.
- For the salad, toss together the greens, cheese, chicken breast, bacon, blueberries, tomatoes, eggs, corn kernels and avocado in a large serving bowl.
- Sprinkle the salad with the minced parsley and drizzle the dressing over top or serve on the side.
- Divide the salad among four bowls and eat immediately. Enjoy!
Hardware: * Measuring Cups * Measuring Spoons * Sharp Knife * Cutting Board * Small Bowl * Whisk * Air-Tight Container * Tongs * Large Serving Bowl *