There’s nothing better than a fresh summer salad with bright, fragrant flavors from a tasty salad dressing. Salad dressings are so easy to make yourself, and you can save a ton of money by doing so. The recipe we have provided for you is great for the summertime and goes well with mixed greens. Sure you can add your own touches with tomatoes, cucumbers and more, but be careful you don’t use any ingredients that can take away from the flavor of this dressing. The orange and ginger tones this vinaigrette releases is so fresh and satisfying. We hope you enjoy it and relish in the fact that it only took 10 minutes to make!
- zest of a medium-sized orange
- juice of 1 medium-sized orange
- 2 tablespoons ginger, freshly grated
- 5-6 basil leaves, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pulse the orange zest, ginger, and garlic in the food processor or blender until well combined. Add the juice, basil leaves, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper and blend together. As the mixtures is blending, slowly add the extra virgin olive oil through the top opening of your food processor or blender. Add more salt and pepper if needed, then refrigerate until ready to use.