When I tell you that loose granola and granola bars are two of the easiest thing you will make, I am totally not bluffing. There are seriously no excuses. There is no need to go buy the prepackaged stuff. These granola bars taste better and are so much better for you! Oh and what’s even better, is that they are no-bake. I love no-bake recipes. They seriously makes my world go round. These Biscoff Granola Bars were a huge hit around here. They combine some of our favorite flavors: cookie spread, peanut butter, pretzels, chocolate, etc. The sky is the limit to what you can put in a granola bar. You can make them as healthy as you like. It’s really up to you =). I’m pretty obsessed with cookie spread lately. I’ve been using it in just about everything (cookies, oatmeal, smoothies). You name it, I’ve probably done it. It’s my new go-to ingredient. Peanut butter and other nut butters are a great substitution if you’re not a huge fan, but how could you not be? It’s the best! Read ahead for the super easy recipe!
Recipe Fun Facts:
This is a great recipe for substitutions. When you go to substitute, make sure that you keep the portion sizes the same. You want enough “binder,” so if you decide to swap out the sugar for another sweetener make sure you use the same amount. The same goes for the cookie spread. If you decide to swap it out for a nut butter, use the same amount.
You want the end result to be sticky, sticky, sticky. I find that it’s easiest to work with your hands when molding it into the dish. You get a much more even surface when you go this route.
You can definitely store these little guys at room temperature, but I prefer them cold. They have that perfect crunch and go great with a large glass of milk. They are also great on the go!
Other yummies to add in to the mix: other nuts, cookies (chopped), white chocolate chips, seeds (such as sunflower).
There will be no beer pairing today. I wasn’t keen on the idea, but there will be a beer pairing with our Salmon Burgers. The recipe is headed your way Thursday, so stay tuned!
Have a great day everyone, and stay warm out there!
This Biscoff Granola Bars recipe is simple and quick. The result is a healthy and delicious snack!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Biscoff spread (or other brand cookie spread)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup flax seed
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, chopped
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1/2 cup pretzels, chopped
- 1/2 cup peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, mini
- Line a 9x13in baking dish with parchment paper, leaving enough paper hanging over the sides to make it easy to pull out later. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the butter, Biscoff spread, brown sugar, agave nectar and sea salt. Melt over medium-low heat, whisking frequently. Once the ingredients have melted and are combined, remove from heat.
- Stir in the oats, flax seed, cashews, rice cereal and pretzels. Fold the ingredients together until everything comes together. This may take a few minutes. Then, very gently, fold in the chopped peanut butter cups.
- Pour the granola mixture into the prepared baking dish. Smooth over, so that the top is even. Sprinkle the mini chocolate chips on top and press down so that they lightly incorporate into the granola.
- Cover the dish and refrigerate for 1 hour. Remove from fridge and slice into bars with a sharp knife.
- Store at room temperature for 1 week, or for best results store in the fridge. Enjoy!
Hardware: * Measuring Cups * Measuring Spoons * Sharp Knife * Cutting Boar * 9x13inch Baking Dish with Lid * Parchment Paper * Large Saucepan * Whisk * Heavy Wooden Spoon *